Ortovox Ascent 22 Avabag (Avabag Not Included)
Originally designed for ski mountaineering, the Ortovox Ascent Avabag is the lightest of Ortovox's avalanche backpacks, weighing only 830g. This lightweight, efficient pack has 22 litres of usable storage space including 3 compartments, as well as a range of attachments and additional features
Weighing only 830g, the Ascent 22 Avabag combines safety, efficiency and comfort in one design. Made with abrasion resistant materials such as Nylon 100D Robic Ribstop, which are also extremely light, the Ascent 22 has been shorn of all non-essential components to ensure the sleekest possible design.
However, the design also guarantees a high level of comfort when worn, as the TUV certified foam 3D back system ensures the weight of the pack is evenly distributed between the padded shoulder straps and the broad hip fins.
The circular frontal zipper provides quick access to equipment, the diagonal ski attachment, ice axe holder and rope fastener, which are all very easy to use.
The Ascent 22 Avabag is from Ortovox's Ascent range. If the 22 litre model doesn't afford sufficient space, we also supply the Ortovox Ascent 30 Avabag (Avabag included), which has a capacity of up to 30 litres.
This product can be combined with the Ortovox Avabag Unit, a simple, compact and easy to use Avabag system, to ensure maximum safety whilst skiing
What are the major differences between the Ortovox Freerider and the Ortovox Ascent?
- The Ascent is available in 22 Litre and 30 Litre sizes, the Freerider only comes in the 22 Litre size
- The Freerider weighs 1380g (2330 w/avabag system), whereas the Ascent weighs 830g for the 22 Litre (1780g w/avabag system), or 1120g for the 30 Litre (2070g w/avabag system)
- The Freerider is 29x55x19cm (W x L x H), whereas the Ascent 22 measures 27x53x17cm, and the Ascent 30 27x57x20cm
- The Freerider comes with a slightly wider waist strap
- Both come with snowboard and snow-shoe holders, helmet nets and ice axe and hiking pole loops